Have you ever tried Golden Oats? Have you ever even heard of Golden Oats? Me either!
I recently heard about golden oats and I just had to give it a try!
What makes them golden? Turmeric. It's that simple. Don't go searching the web for where to buy golden oats...you just have to make 'em yourself! It's so simple and you can make plenty to save up for another day ;)
Even better, this vibrant dish is packed full of powerful nutrients that are amazing to help kickstart your day or even fuel you up after a good movement session.
Consuming whole grains, like rolled oats, are one of the best types of macronutrients you can get: carbs. Before you cringe, hear me out! So many people are afraid of carbohydrates, but, our bodies actually cannot live without carbs. Carbohydrates are one of three essential macros our bodies need to function properly and perform our best on a daily basis.
Carbs are what give us energy - not just any carbs, unrefined, whole food carbohydrates like whole grains, rolled or steel cut oats, vegetables, and fruits are the best options when it comes to carbs. In other words, it's best to stay clear of refined and heavily processed carbs like most bread, bagels, oatmeal, etc. which are usually super high in sugars and deplete our energy. Always lean towards whole grain options when it comes to bread...you'll thank me later ;)
Aside from carbs, this recipe is full of micronutrients like antioxidants, fiber, essential vitamins and minerals, and it's also anti-inflammatory benefits from the turmeric, cardamom essential oil, cinnamon, and healthy fatty acids from the pumpkin and hemp seeds. #Noms
Plus, you even get the added bonus of soothing your muscles and your body from oxidative stress of long work hours or heavily movement routines.
Check out the recipe below and tell me when you make it! I'd love to hear what you think :D
GLUTEN-FREE GOLDEN OATS
+ Bob's Redmill Gluten-Free Rolled Oats*
+ 1/2 to 1 tsp. Turmeric
+ Sprinkle Cinnamon
+ dōTERRA Cardamom Essential Oil (optional)
+ 1 tbsp Fourth & Heart Ghee (optional)*
+ Pumpkin Seeds
+ Hemp Seeds
1. Cook oats according to package instructions. For a creamier base add a splash (or more) of your favorite nut milk (I love Califia Farms Almond Milk or Elmhurst's Milked Cashews) when the oats are just about finished cooking till you get your desired creaminess!
2. While oats are cooking the turmeric and stir it in gently. Option to add the Ghee for extra fats to help you stay full longer.
3. When oats are done, sprinkle cinnamon over the top, add 1 drop of cardamom essential oil, stir with a fork to fluff your oats.
4. Transfer your portion to a bowl, add your toppings, and enjoy!
PS. Keep in mind that using essential oils internally are recommended ONLY when using Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils, like dōTerra, to ensure the safety of you and your family. If using essential oils without the CPTG stamp, I highly encourage you to contact the company and request a purity report before ingesting your oils <3
* These links are special affiliate links I am happy to share with you for brands I love and use often. This link is for your benefit and to help support my lifestyle at no extra cost to you!